What to Recycle
Illinois and Wisconsin Residential and Commercial Recycling
Groot Industries has made substantial investments in the recycling industry as it has evolved. We feel we have played an important part in this evolution and will continue to explore new and innovative ways to collect and process all types of recyclable materials.
Groot Industries is now accepting paper cups in our recycling programs!
Click here for the Recycling Guidelines!
One of the best ways to promote and enhance recycling is by being able to provide user friendly, cost efficient programs.
- All materials may be mixed together
- Paper may be placed in paper bags (optional)
- Do not “bag” other recyclables. Place them loose in the outside cart
- Leave caps on plastic bottles and jugs. Do not flatten or crush.
- Flatten cardboard boxes and place them inside your cart
- Remove any non-paper packing material (such as bubble wrap, plastic film, wax bags, etc.)
- Rinse items free of food and beverage residue
- Keep the lid on your recycling cart closed at all times to keep materials dry
Again, please make sure all items are clean, loose, empty, and dry!
Recycling 101 for your Illinois or Wisconsin home, apartment or commercial recycling program
- Paper cups (no lids)
- Newspaper (with inserts)
- Glossy & Non-glossy
- Telephone Directories
- Office/School Paper
- Advertising/Junk Mail
- Kraft Brown Paper Bags
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Cereal Boxes
- Pasta Boxes
- Clothing Boxes
- Tissue Boxes
- Juice Boxes (no straws)
- Milk Cartons
- Soup/Broth Cartons
- Wine Boxes
- Bottles, jugs, jars, and tubs only (Place caps back on bottles. Do not crush)
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel or Tin Cans
- Aluminum foil (clean no residue)
- Aerosol cans (Empty and depressurized)
- Food and beverage bottles and jars only (labels main remain)
- Colored and Clear Glass
For the Love of Recycling DO NOT Put in Cart
- NO: wire hangers (please return to your cleaners)
- DO NOT: recycle mirrors, lightbulbs, window glass, or ceramics in recycling container.
- DO NOT: include soiled paper fibers (diapers, paper napkins, etc.)
- DO NOT: recycle batteries.
- DO NOT: place materials in plastic bags.
- DO NOT: include Styrofoam, wood, plastic film, plastic bags, plastic toys, or diapers in recycling containers.
- DO NOT: recycle electronics.
** Please! DO NOT throw garbage in the container(s).
For more information on where and how to recycle the items listed below
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Electronic Waste
- Medical Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Motor Oil & Tires