Illinois and Wisconsin Residential and Commercial Recycling
Groot Industries has made substantial investments in the recycling industry as it has evolved. We feel we have played an important part in this evolution and will continue to explore new and innovative ways to collect and process all types of recyclable materials.
One of the best ways to promote and enhance recycling is by being able to provide user friendly, cost efficient programs.
Recycling 101 for your Illinois or Wisconsin home, apartment or commercial recycling program
- Newspaper (with inserts)
- Glossy & Non-glossy
- Telephone Directories
- Office/School Paper
- Advertising/Junk Mail
- Kraft Brown Paper Bags
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Cereal Boxes
- Pasta Boxes
- Clothing Boxes
- Tissue Boxes
- All plastic bottles and containers with these symbols underneath.
- Plastic beverage and food containers
- Milk, water and juice bottles
- Liquid detergent, fabric softener, bleach, shampoo
- Yogurt cups
- Vegetable oil bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel or Tin Cans
- Bottles and Jars Only.
- Brown, Green and Clear Glass.
- Juice Boxes.
- Milk Cartons
- All materials may be mixed together.
- Paper may be placed in paper bags (optional).
- Flatten all corrugated cardboard and paperboard boxes.
- Remove any non-paper packing material
- Rinse all recyclables free of food residue and remove lids.
- Use PAPER bags when possible.
- It is okay to leave the caps on your plastic containers.
DO NOT: For the Love of Recycling
- DO NOT: recycle wire hangers (please return to your cleaners).
- DO NOT: recycle mirrors, lightbulbs, window glass, or ceramics in recycling container.
- DO NOT: include soiled paper fibers (oily pizza boxes, paper napkins, etc.)
- DO NOT: recycle batteries.
- DO NOT: place materials in plastic bags.
- DO NOT: include styrofoam, wood, plastic film, plastic bags, plastic toys, or diapers in recycling containers.
- DO NOT: recycle electronics.
** Please! DO NOT throw garbage in the container(s).
For more information on where and how to recycle the items listed below
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Electronic Waste
- Medical Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Motor Oil & Tires