Village of North Aurora
Village of North Aurora Trash and Recycling Services
Groot will service the Village on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday each week. The first pick-up beginning Tuesday, June 1, 2021. See the collection map here for your service day.
Curbside Collection Program:
Residents will be required to have their containers at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on their designated collection day.
- Groot will collect unlimited refuse properly placed for curbside collection in bags or refuse containers not exceeding 35 gallons. All bags and refuse containers must have one sticker attached to each item.
- Residents may elect to participate in the cart program. Groot will provide one 95 or 65 gallon refuse cart for a monthly rate. Residential solid waste placed at the curb in addition to the cart will require the use of a pre-paid sticker affixed to each item. Please contact Groot at (630) 892-9294 for rates and details.
- Groot will provide a 65 gallon cart designated for recycling only. Recyclable material outside the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared. For recycling guidelines please click here.
- Bulk items (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. Bulk items exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item.
- White goods (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. White goods exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item. Regardless of size and weight, all appliances/white goods must be called in for a scheduled pick up.
- Pay per bag and yard waste subscriptions with a 95 gallon cart available for an annual fee. Please contact Groot at (630) 892-9294 for rates and details.
Yard Waste Collection Program:
Yard Waste Season - April 1– November 30th: North Aurora residents will have the option to choose between a sticker and subscription program for yard waste.
An unlimited amount of properly prepared yard waste bags or resident owned 32 gallon rigid containers will be collected curbside each week as long as a prepaid landscape waste sticker is affixed to each container.
A 95 gallon cart designated for yard waste will be provided. Any yard waste outside the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared and a sticker affixed to each item. The customer will be billed an annual fee for this program.
Free Leaf Collection
Groot will provide free leaf pick up from October 1st through November 30th each year. Leaves are to be placed in a 33 gallon kraft type bag. These bags will not require stickers.
Christmas Tree Collection:
Groot Industries will provide free collection of Christmas trees each year at no additional cost. Collection will take place during the month of January each year.
Sticker Vendor Locations
Jays Wine and Liquors 186 Butterfield Road North Aurora, IL 60542
Jewel #3219 119 Randall Road Batavia, IL 60542
Jewel #3240 1157 Eola Road Aurora, IL 60505
Jewel # 3252 1952 W. Galena Aurora, IL 60505
Jewel #3374 465 Route 47 N. Sugar Grove, IL 60554
MP Liquor and Wine 905 Oak Street North Aurora, IL 60542
Old Second Community Bank 200 John St. North Aurora, IL 60542
Riverview Citgo Gas Station 13 N. River Road North Aurora, IL 60542
Seven Eleven 718 Butterfield Road North Aurora, IL 60542
Seven Eleven 2 Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
Speedway Gas Station #5393 15 N. Randall Rd. North Aurora, IL 60542
Speedway Gas Station #6917 417 S. Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
Village of North Aurora 25 E. State Street North Aurora, IL 60542
Woodman’s Market #35 151 Hansen Blvd. North Aurora, IL 60542
BP North Aurora Gas Station 101 S. Lincolnway North Aurora, IL 60542
Construction Demolition Debris
Construction debris will be collected from small remodeling projects each week when properly prepared and not exceeding 2 cubic yards with the use of a pre-paid sticker. All material must be cut to no more than 4 feet in length and no larger than 2 feet in diameter. For the safety of the collector, all debris must be bagged or bundled and free of nails and sharp objects not exceeding 25 pounds.
Bulk & Oversized Item Disposal
Bulk items (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. Bulk items exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item Bulk items include: boxes, barrels, crates, furniture, and similar items that do not fit into a proper container and can be collected/lifted by one driver without assistance. Exceptions include items which are banned from direct disposal into a landfill (appliances, tires, car batteries, TV’s, electronic waste).
Oversized and overweight items will be collected but will require five pre-paid stickers to be affixed to each item. Oversized/overweight items are any single large or extra heavy item that will require the resident to schedule a special pick-up. An example of an oversized item is a piano, hot tub or any item that requires two or more people to lift. A per item fee of will apply for each oversized item and residents will be required to call Groot at (630) 892-9294 to schedule a pick in advance.
White goods (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day with one sticker affixed to each item. White goods exceeding 50 pounds will require 5 stickers affixed to each item. Residents must call Groot at (630) 892-9294 to schedule collection of white goods. Items should not be placed at the curb until the evening before the scheduled collection.
New Year’s Day Labor Day
Memorial Day Thanksgiving Day
4th of July Christmas Day
If the holiday falls on a weekday, on or before your scheduled collection, service will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the holiday week. If the holiday falls on Sunday, it will be observed on Monday and service will be delayed one day the entire week.
Groot will provide curbside collection of e-waste on your collection day for a prepaid additional fee. Residents must call Groot 24 hours in advance at (630) 892-9294 to schedule collection of e-waste.
E-Waste Materials Are Defined By Illinois Law As Follows:
|Computers & Monitors||Video game Consoles|
|Converter Boxes||Electronic Keyboards|
|Cable Receivers||Fax Machines|
|Small Scale Servers||Satellite Receivers|
|Video Cassette Recorders||Digital Video Disc Players|
|Digital Video Disc Recorders||Portable Digital Music Players|