City Of Warrenville
City of Warrenville Trash and Recycling Services
To see your collection day, please view the service map here.
Curbside Collection Program
Residents are required to have their containers at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on their designated collection day.
- Residents are provided with one (1) 65 gallon refuse cart and one (1) 65 gallon recycling cart.
- Additional refuse and recycling cart rentals are available for an annual fee.
- One bulk item per week will be collected at no charge on your regularly scheduled collection day. Additional bulk items will require 5 yard waste stickers affixed to each item.
- Appliances are an additional fee per item and requires a call in to Groot for special pickup at (630) 892-9294.
- A senior discount for residents 65 years & older is available. Please apply for the senior discount by contacting Groot at (630) 892-9294. A 35 gallon cart for refuse and a 65 gallon cart for recycling is available to qualified seniors.
- Yard waste stickers are sold at City Hall and other local retailers. Yard waste subscription service also available for an annual fee.
- After receiving your first invoice, residents will be able to visit groot.com to register for online bill pay.
- The Groot app is available to view your next collection date, receive important messages from Groot, search the Waste Wizard for items that are recyclable, pay your bill, and contact our customer service department. You can find the Groot app in any app store by searching “Groot”.
Recycling Program: Unlimited recyclable materials are collected on your current day of service. Recyclable materials in the cart do not need to be separated from each other. Please place only approved recycling items in the recycling cart. The collector is trained to check the contents of the cart. If there are foreign materials present, the cart will be left with a violation notice. Please note items must be clean with no residual waste.
Plastic Items: All plastic bottles and containers with numbers 1 through 5 & 7 may be recycled. Please do not place any plastic bags (i.e. grocery, kitchen) in the recycling cart. Return plastic bags to your grocery store.
- aluminum cans
- aluminum foil
- steel or tin cans
- aluminum baking trays
- empty aerosol cans
- bottles and jars only
- brown, green and clear glass
- Office Paper (printer paper, school papers)
- Newspaper (all newspaper inserts acceptable)
- Magazines, Catalogs (glossy and non-glossy)
- Corrugated Cardboard – Flattened
- Paperboard/Chipboard (cereal, pasta, soda or clothing boxes.) Telephone directories, brown paper (grocery) bags. NO PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS
- Aseptic Containers – Juice & Milk Cartons
Preparation of Materials:
- Non-paper materials and paper materials may be commingled (mixed together) in the recycling cart.
- For automated collection, carts must be kept 4 feet from parkway trees, mail boxes and from other carts.
- Flatten all corrugated cardboard boxes and paperboard/chipboard in 2'x2' sections, and remove any non-paper packing material.
- Materials that exceed cart capacity may be placed in paper bags and placed beside the cart.
- Contact Groot to replace a damaged or lost cart.
- Do not place recyclable materials in plastic bags nor use plastic or silver duct tape.
Yard Waste Collection Program
April 1– November 30th:
Warrenville residents will have the option to choose between a sticker and subscription program for yard waste.
An unlimited amount of properly prepared yard waste bags or resident owned 32 gallon rigid containers will be collected curbside each week as long as a prepaid landscape waste sticker is affixed to each container.
A 95 gallon toter designated for yard waste will be provided. Any yard waste outside the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared and a sticker affixed to each item. The customer will be billed an annual fee for this program.
Christmas Tree Collection
Groot Industries will provide free collection of one Christmas tree per residence each year at no additional cost. Collection will take place during the first two weeks in January.
Sticker Vendor Locations
City Hall - 3S258 Manning Ave, Warrenville
Tom’s Market - 2S501 Route 59, Warrenville
Hometown Pantry - 3S029 Route 59, Warreville
Jewel Food Stores - 177 E. Roosevelt, West Chicago
Ace Hardware - 2S541 Route 59, Warrenville
Construction Demolition Debris
A minimum of 2 cubic yards must be available for collection. The first yard of debris will be collected at no charge. Any additional will be an additional charge. All material must be cut to no more than 4 feet in length and no larger than 2 feet in diameter. For the safety of the collector, all debris must be bagged or bundled and free of nails and sharp objects not exceeding 25 pounds.
Bulk & Oversized Item Disposal
The program includes collection of one bulk item per week (not appliances or oversized/overweight items) at no additional cost. Additional bulk items will require 5 prepaid yard waste stickers affixed to each item.
Bulk items include: boxes, barrels, crates, furniture, and similar items that do not fit into a proper container and can be collected/lifted by one driver without assistance. Exceptions include items which are banned from direct disposal into a landfill. (appliances, tires, car batteries, TV’s, electronic waste).
Oversized and overweight items are any single large or extra heavy item that requires Groot to schedule a special pick-up. An example of an oversized item is a piano, hot tub, or any item that requires two or more people to lift. There will be an additional fee per item.
Carpet must be cut up in four foot lengths not exceeding 25 pounds per roll. One cubic yard (3X3X3) will be collected at no charge and any additional will be an additional fee.
Groot will collect refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, washers, dryers, dishwashers, hot water tanks, dehumidifiers, and other white goods at a per item fee. Residents must call Groot at (630) 892-9294 to schedule collection of white goods. Items should not be placed at the curb until the evening before the scheduled collection.
- Christmas Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
When the holiday falls on a Sunday or a weekday, service will be delayed by one day for the entire week. Friday pick-up will occur on Saturday.
Groot will provide curbside collection of e-waste (including televisions) on your collection day for a prepaid additional fee.