Village Of Streamwood
Village Of Streamwood
Brochure: Click HERE to look at brochure.
Refuse: Service includes collection of unlimited household refuse.
The Village of Streamwood is pleased to announce the award of a single waste hauler franchise agreement to Groot Industries beginning July 1, 2021.
As we work to rebrand the carts the weeks of July 12th and 19th, we ask you leave your cart at the curb for the entire service day. Your service has already been activated. For questions please contact Groot at: (847) 429-7370 or Streamwood@groot.com.
Curbside Collection Program
Residents will be required to have their containers at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on their designated collection day.
- Keep your current refuse and recycling carts! Groot will collect unlimited refuse and recycling properly placed for curbside collection in the carts you already have. If you do not currently have a cart, a cart will be delivered to you. As we work to rebrand the carts the weeks of July 12th and 19th, we ask you leave your cart at the curb for the entire service day.
- Residents will have the option of one (1) exchange of their current cart for different sized carts at no charge.
- Refuse and recycling that does not fit in the cart will be collected as long as it is properly prepared in another Groot cart or other approved container. Groot will provide additional refuse and recycling carts for an annual fee. Please contact Groot at (847) 429-7370 for details.
- Collection days will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday each week. Unless notified otherwise, your service day will NOT change.
- Residents will be provided curbside collection of one bulk item, under 50 lbs, on a weekly basis which can be safely collected by one Groot collector at no charge. Items exceeding 50 lbs in weight will be charged an additional fee. Please contact Groot at (847) 429-7370 for details.
- White Goods will be collected on a weekly basis for an additional fee. Call Groot at (847) 429-7370 to schedule a collection.
- Unlimited collection of properly prepared yard waste will take place on the same day as refuse and recycling collection.
Yard Waste Collection Program: April 1st – Second Full Week of December
Streamwood residents will receive unlimited collection of properly prepared yard waste on the same day as refuse and recycling collection.
Residents may use personal containers (with yellow Village stickers designating them for yard waste) not exceeding 35 gallons in size and 50 pounds in weight. Village stickers for yard waste are available for sale at Village Hall.
Kraft paper bags (not exceeding 33 gallons in size or 50 pounds in weight) may also be used. Kraft paper bags will not require a yellow Village sticker designating them for yard waste.
Bundles of brush and branches will also be collected. Brush and branches up to 4 feet must be bundled with twine (wire or plastic is not acceptable) 4’ or less in length and 2’ or less in diameter at the base and easily lifted to waist height. Landscape waste does not include wood timbers, plastic edging, plant pots or trays, fertilizer or landscape material bags, landscape fabric, root sections, sand, gravel, sod, firewood or animal waste.
Groot Industries will provide free collection of Christmas trees each year at no additional cost to residents through the third week in January.
White Goods/Appliances: White Goods will be collected on a weekly basis with residents calling to schedule a special collection for an additional fee. Regardless of size and weight, all appliances/white goods must be called in for a scheduled pick up and payment must be received in advance. Call Groot at (847) 429-7370 to schedule a collection. Items should not be placed at the curb until the evening before the scheduled collection.
Construction Demolition Debris: In lieu of one bulk item, residents may have two (2) cubic yards of construction debris collected each week at no charge. Construction debris beyond two (2) cubic yards will be collected based on a per cubic yard rate and must be scheduled in advance by calling (847) 429-7370. Construction debris must be cut to no more than 4 feet in length and no larger than 2 feet in diameter and bundled or placed in an approved container that does not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Bulk & Oversized Item Disposal: One bulk item (under 50 pounds) will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day at no charge. Bulk items exceeding 50 pounds will require an additional fee. Please contact Groot at (847) 429-7370 for details.
Bulk items include: boxes, barrels, crates, furniture, and similar items that do not fit into a proper container and can be collected/lifted by one driver without assistance. Exceptions include items which are banned from direct disposal into a landfill. (appliances, tires, car batteries, TV’s, electronic waste).
Oversized and overweight items will be collected but will require an additional fee. Oversized/overweight items are any single large or extra heavy item that will require the resident to schedule a special pick-up. An example of an oversized item is a piano, hot tub or any item that requires two or more people to lift. A per item fee of will apply for each oversized item. Call Groot at (847) 429-7370 to schedule a pick in advance.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
*Collections will be delayed one day after a holiday
*If the holiday falls on a Sunday there will be no collection on Monday and services will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
*If the holiday falls on a Saturday there will be no change to your regular pick up day
*If a holiday falls on a weekday service will be delayed one day later for the remainder of the week.
Groot will collect up to six electronic items (excluding televisions over 50 pounds) at the curb per week for an additional fee. Televisions over 50 pounds would be an additional cost. Contact Groot at least 24 hours in advance of their service day to schedule a pick up at (847) 429-7370.