Village of Libertyville
Village of Libertyville Waste Management and Recycling
Residents may choose from three types of refuse programs as Follows:
Unlimited Standard Level: Service includes collection of unlimited household refuse. Each house has been supplied with a 95 gallon capacity tote for their use. Residents will also be allowed up to one bulk item per week at no additional charge. For the collection of additional bulk items, please contact our customer service department for an estimate of cost. This is the program you will be automatically enrolled in unless you call us to enter the other program. We try to be regular with our collection times but we may arrive earlier or later on your collection day, please have your material out by 6:00 AM to be assured pick up.
Limited tote option: Same as above but any regular household waste in an extra can or bag over and above the 95 gallon tote will require you to purchase and affix a solid waste sticker to.
Pay- Per Bag Program: Residents who generate small volumes of refuse may elect the pay per bag program. In this program residents can purchase a refuse sticker and affix the sticker to each bag or can not to exceed 33 gallons containing standard household waste. * please note: if your household generates more than one bag per week, it is more cost-effective to utilize the unlimited standard level of service. Residents will still be invoiced for regular recycling services.
Bulk Items: One bulk item such as a couch or dresser 1 cubic yard (3x 3x 3) of miscellaneous debris or construction material will be collected each week for no additional charge. Construction type debris should be stacked or bundled in lengths no longer than 4 feet and no larger than 2 feet in diameter.
- We will consider a box spring and mattress as one large item
- Carpeting should be in rolls no longer than 4 feet long and two feet in diameter and taped. We consider 5 rolls to be one large item.
- In general try and keep any loose material bundled and neat so we can pick up.
- Stone, concrete, and dirt can only be picked up in containers and cannot weigh more than 45lbs. per container. Two containers will be considered one large item.
Electronic Waste Collection - "e-waste":
The Illinois Electronic Products Recycling and Reuse Act prohibits any person from allowing or to cause mixing of any of the items listed with municipal waste that is intended for disposal at a landfill.
Groot Industries offers collection of these items directly from your home for an additional fee; however, you must call in advance to schedule a pick-up and make arrangements.
All items collected will be recycled and rendered inoperable. Due to the sensitive nature of some electronic items (computer hard drives or storage devices), we prefer to pick up items from the front, side, or top of drive locations.
Customers also have the option to bring their items directly to drop-off sites throughout the area, most of which are for no charge. Please visit the where and how page of our site and click on your county and then your town to search for area drop–off locations.
Fluorescent bulbs, needles, paint; tires etc...create special problems, please click here for help.
Unlimited recycling service is provided. Each household has been supplied with a 65 gallon capacity recycling tote for their use. Extra items may be placed in a cardboard box, or a clearly marked container which is labeled RECYCLING ONLY. All recyclables may be mixed together in one container, no sorting is needed. Do Not put your recyclables in plastic bags. Click here for a list of Recyclable Materials
Yard Waste Programs:
Residents will have landscape waste collections weekly from April 1st through November 30th. The two programs offered are as follows:
- Landscape waste stickers: Residents who have limited volumes of yard waste will have the option to purchase a sticker and place it on either a 33 gallon can or a biodegradable yard waste bag. This is the standard program.
- Subscription Service: Residents who generate higher volumes of yard waste may elect to pay an annual fee for the collection of landscape waste season. Up to 6 cans or bags are allowed per week from April 1st November 30th; twelve (12) per week are allowed from October 20 until December 1st. Please contact us at (877) 404-7668 to sign up.
- Abbreviated Seasonal Subscription Service: Between October 15th and November 30th, up to 12 biodegradable bags or cans not exceeding 33-gallons will be collected weekly. There will be a fee for this service. Please call Groot to sign up.
All yard waste material must be placed in a suitable container or Kraft paper type yard waste bag (preferred). Any brush or branches outside of the container or bag must be cut down to 4 feet in length and bundled no greater than 2 feet in diameter. Yard waste in plastic bags will NOT be collected.
Grass clippings, leaves, twigs, garden debris, weeds, fruits, seeds, stalks, vines are acceptable landscape items. Landscape does not include wood timbers, plastic edging, plant pots or trays, fertilizer or landscape material bags, landscape fabric, root sections, sand, gravel, sod, bark, wood chips, firewood, rocks, excess amounts of dirt or animal waste.
State laws require us to collect any white good type of appliances such as refrigerators, ovens, washers etc. separately and recycle. There is a fee per item for collection and you are required to call the office to schedule and make arrangements for payment.
Christmas tree Pickup:
Christmas trees may be placed out for collection through the second week of January for no extra charge.
Special pick-ups and extra garbage:
If you find you need a large amount of extra rubbish picked up all at one time there will be an extra charge and you must call the office to arrange for scheduling and payment. If you choose to have your clean-up done on a day other than your normal service day an extra trip fee will be charged.
Some items are just too big or heavy for our people to handle without special equipment, in that case your driver may leave it so special arrangements can be made. In this event special charges will apply. Please call and check first if you think what you have placed out falls in this category.
additional 95 gallon totes for refuse or 65 gallon totes for recyclable are available for rental. Please contact our offices.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
*Collections will be delayed one day after a holiday
*If the holiday falls on a Sunday there will be no collection on Monday and services will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
*If the holiday falls on a Saturday there will be no change to your regular pick up day
*If a holiday falls on a weekday service will be delayed one day later for the rest of the week.
Yard Waste and Refuse stickers may be purchased at the following locations:
- Jewel | 1300 S. Milwaukee | Libertyville
- Ace Hardware | 155 Peterson | Libertyville
- Sunset Foods | 1451 W. Peterson | Libertyville
- Libertyville True Value | 426 S. Milwaukee | Libertyville
- Village of Libertyville | 118 W. Cook | Libertyville
- Mariano's | 1720 N. Milwaukee | Vernon Hills