Groot Industries welcomes you to submit an application for employment. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1914 and look forward to you becoming part of it.
This application is for our driver/helper positions only. For all other employment positions application should be made in person at one of our service locations.
We may or may not be hiring when you submit this form but we will keep it on file for at least six months. NOTE: You should NOT expect a call back or confirmation when you submit your application. Applications are reviewed when employment positions become available, at which time we will evaluate the applications on file and initiate calls.
Some things you should know
ALL of our driver positions require much more than just driving, you will be required to not only drive but in most cases load your truck. Physically you may be required to:
- Perform repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling items that could weigh in excess of 75 pounds.
- Potentially mount and dismount your vehicle from 600 to 1000 times every shift.
- Be exposed to the outside elements every day no matter what the weather.
Minimum qualifications include
- Valid class A or B commercial drivers license with a air brake endorsement
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- No driver's license suspensions, revocations, or DUI convictions within the past three years.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and be able to read and write.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation physical.